10.1.11

OVER MY SHOULDER

Images from Google. Okanogan Lake - Peachland, BC (where we stayed)



Apparently I haven't been blogging enough lately and should get back into it :) So for apps, I shall try.
The rest of my Christmas holiday was absolutely amazing. We moved on from Fiji to Canada and every day was so completely hectic that the entire trip felt like it went on for months. I missed my home friends dearly but loved where I was. Something I feel I'll be struggling with a lot as I go on this year.
In Canada we did everything I could have hoped for. The day after we landed we were taken uphill and in the falling snow picked out a Christmas tree to have outside the little apartment my siblings and I were to stay in, which was conveniently two doors down from my Grandma.
The next two weeks turned into an almost blur moving from day to day and each night having a huge dinner to celebrate the fact that we were all together.
Even Christmas Eve and Boxing day where a celebration, completely different to the lax style back in Australia.
We had a fancy shmancy dinner on New Years where I managed to encounter some raw Caribou and the yummiest Steak I've ever eaten. The night turned into alcohol induced cards and very loud noises when the clock struck twelve. Was an experience to remember.
Peachland Yacht Club (uncles on the left)

My sister and I had some adventures on our travels, one being the adventure of what happens when you get stuck on a snowmobile in the snow, probably about 5km away from camp. Or possibly more. We got stuck in at least a meter deep of powder snow, which has the tendency to make heavy machinery sink. Somehow, after half an hour of strenuous pulling and pushing we got it back onto the path only to realise we had the inability to restart it. So after a little anxiety and some confused moments and the question "what would Bear Grylls do?" we decided to walk back to where the rest of the clan was making a little song on the way.. "the idiots go marching one by one oh yes they are so dumb", luckily being rescued on the way.
In between the slight chaos and monumental moments there are so many little memories and personal jokes I will never forget. It was ultimately the family trip of a lifetime and I couldn't have asked for it to be any better or any different.
But now I have been transported back into the real, normal world where I must unfortunately spend each dull mundane day working 8-5 earning money which will be all gone in the next year or even the next month. I have the slight inability to save.
So for now its goodbye as I spend another night watching trashy TV and wishing I was doing something more creative with my time.

C;x


No comments:

Post a Comment